6 Positive Affirmations From the Bible

In my last post, we discussed the use of affirmations and in it, I mentioned that Norman Vincent Peale had taken a Biblical text and suggested that it could be used directly as an affirmation. That particular text was from St. Paul's letter to the Philippians (Ph 4:13).

So in this post, I thought it might be useful to see what other affirmations I could find in the Bible. Now, I did not manage to find texts that could be used verbatim in exactly the same way as the above mentioned verse, however, it is certainly possible to construct affirmations based upon what the Bible says.

So here are some more affirmations, derived from the Bible, that you might also like to try for yourself. As you know, I am very keen to ensure that Bible verses are not taken out of their proper context, so I have given the reference to each of the verses from which the affirmations are constructed so that you can look them up for yourself.

6 Positive Affirmations Derived from the Bible:

1. I Am at Peace

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. - John 14:27

2. I Have an Abundant Life

I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly. - John 10:10

3. I Have Boundless Energy

They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:31

4. I Am a New Creation

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! - 2 Corinthians 5:17

5. I Am Whole

... you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. - Colossians 2:9-10

6. I Am a Child of God

Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. - John 1:12

As I mentioned in my previous post, Norman Vincent Peale suggests that you say each affirmation three times, and you repeat the procedure three times per day. Ideally, once in the morning just after rising, once around midday and finally, just before you retire for the evening. What lovely thoughts to leave impressed upon your mind as you go to sleep.

If you enjoyed this article, you will also enjoy The Inspiration Blog

Will Edwards is Founder of http://www.whitedovebooks.co.uk/


Original article

No comments: