Powerful Affirmations for Changing Negative Self Talk

Becoming conscious of negative self talk

Positive and conscious affirmations have been an integral part of my growth. I was fascinated to find that when I consciously tuned into my non-stop thoughts, I was surprised to find a lot of negatives.The constant mind chatter would start even before I opened my eyes in the morning and went a little something like this: "O God, I'm tired. Why must I get up, I hate my job, why is it so cold, why am I overweight, why does my belly look like Buddha's, I have to quit the Starbucks", after my "pre-wake up self battering" I would look in the mirror and begin again "O God, I have acne, why is my skin so dull, I look terrible, why am I ugly, O God, more white hair, why am I so tired." Blah blah blah, and on and on and on it would go until bedtime. Relentless.

Do affirmations have to be believable?

I became conscious that I wasn't very kind to myself. I also became conscious that if I had a friend that spoke to me like that, I would probably no longer have them as a friend. The only thing to do was to change these seemly self-fulfilling prophecies. Affirmations were part of this change. I would leave post its all over the house, on the fridge, in the fridge, on the mirrors, doors, walls and TV. In addition to well over hundred Post-It's I had a notebook to read on the tube, trains and buses. I would read my affirmations for months constantly and with conviction. It was also important to me that part of me believed the affirmation. It's no use having an affirmation like: "I am a supermodel" or "I am a billionaire" when your psyche is screaming that you are not. So I built my own list, and would test how these words made me feel. I thought I should start with: "I am strong", now part of me was strong but also part of me was weak, and that's ok, I just identified with the part that was strong so saying it was believable to some of me.

Choosing the right words for your affirmation

Read the list below, notice how each word makes you feel. Look especially at the words that you feel do not pertain to you, your growth lies in those words. The words "I AM", send your psyche a strong message, the more you say them, the more you believe them, the more you embody them, until you become them

Each of these attributes are in you, maybe it's time to access them, try the following:

I AM LOVING

I AM LOVED

I AM STRONG

I AM BEAUTIFUL

I AM RADIANT

I AM POWERFUL

I AM SUCCESSFUL

I AM GRATEFUL

I AM GRACEFUL

I AM VULNERABLE

I AM PEACEFUL

I see you.

As within, so without

Grace

Grace G. Payge

http://www.themanwomangame.co.za/

Grace is an international speaker and coach in the field of the man woman relationship dynamic. She gives an informative, humorous, practical and deeply intuitive talk allowing woman you to quickly access their inner Goddess. Woman will easily be able to consciously shift their behaviors, language and more importantly their energy to a true feminine nature. Woman will then experience superior and enhanced interactions with all men. Work relationships, friendships and intimate relationships shift instantly and positively. Grace is currently situated in Cape Town, South Africa.

If you would like grace to speak at an event, her contact details are available on the her website


Original article

No comments: