Talk Back - Strengthen Your Spiritual Power

The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large. ~ Confucius

How do you respond when someone tells you something you know is not true? Don't you talk back? "Now, wait a minute; that is not right! Let me tell you..."

Or when a friend says something you disagree with, aren't you quick to voice your viewpoint?

Perhaps a conversation turns heated. Aren't you quick to talk back, defending your point of view?

And, of course when we were teens, we back-talked to our parents and those in authority, expressing our personal opinions as absolute fact!

So, why don't you talk back to yourself?

Your spiritual power is as strong and limitless as your Father, God's. All you have to do is agree with His Words to reap His results. That's what faith is all about.

God declared that we are made in His image after His likeness, and [we] have dominion (Gen. 1:26). The Bible teaches that faith comes by hearing - so what are you listening to? What are you telling yourself... that you shouldn't be? Listen to yourself.

Imagine these scenarios.

Your bills talk to you, telling you that you don't have enough. Sometimes they even scream. Talk back! My God supplies all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  My cup runs over! I have all sufficiency in all things. (Phil. 4:19); Ps. 23:8; 2 Cor. 9:8)
 Your body is telling you where it hurts and you want to tell everyone how you feel. Talk back to yourself instead. God restores my health and heals me. By Jesus' stripes I was [already] healed (Jer. 30:17; 2 Peter 2:24).
 You're in the midst of a mess, and don't know what to do. Instead of listening to the merry-go-round of negative self-talk, talk back! Tell yourself, Jesus is made unto me wisdom... God gives me wisdom. I hear His voice. (I Cor. 1:30; Prov. 2:6; John 10:27).
 You're exhausted, but you still have a full To Do list. Don't listen to the litany in your head that's telling you, "I'm so tired. I just don't think I can do this." Instead, talk back! Claim Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
 Do you tell yourself, "I can't remember anything anymore"? Talk back! "I have the mind of Christ. My mind is full of life and peace. (Phil. 2:5; Rom. 8:6).
 You are doing stuff around the house and your spouse is watching TV/reading/having fun. Your brain short-circuits. "I worked all day! Surely he/she could pitch in. Why do I have to do everything?" Of course, you know - honestly - that you don't do EVERYTHING, but a pity party is a pity party. Talk back!. I will not be fretful or resentful. I am rooted and grounded in Love. (I Cor. 13:4-8; Eph. 3:17)
 Your kids (or grandkids) are sassy and full of attitude. Talk back! Affirm (to yourself) on their behalf: My kids are filled with peace. They are taught of the Lord. (Is. 54:3)

God told us to call those things that be not as though they were (Rom. 4:17). In other words, talk back to your situations. He told us to cast down imaginations (2 Cor. 10:5). Talk back. Tell them how you want them to be! Use your internal voice to change your external circumstances.

I know this isn't something that is taught very much, but what do you think those verses are in the Bible for? Did God put them there just to make us wonder? Or maybe He really wasn't telling us the Truth when He said, "The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (John 6:63)

The Bible says to renew your mind (Rom. 12:2). This is how it's done. Spoon-feed your faith by talking back to all those negative "I can't, I don't, I will never" thoughts. Replace them with His promises of health, wholeness, plenty, peace and blessing. Talk back!

For more information on developing life skills, better relationships, and becoming the best YOU possible, visit http://www.seebecksolutions.com/ and sign up to receive your FREE subscription to "What Matters Most", a weekly ezine of inspiration, motivation and humor from a Christian perspective.

Ruth Seebeck has built a reputation over the last three decades as a life-skills coach, mentor, Christian counselor and friend. She is a business owner, author, community volunteer and event coordinator whose passion is helping others overcome life's challenges.


Original article

No comments: