Negative Thoughts Out Of Control

How many times have you worked at thinking positive, worked on affirmations to replace negative thoughts, only to find that when you are in the midst of a frustrating or stressful situation, your thoughts return to the negative and you realize that your work was in vain? You have spent time trying to nurture your positive thoughts. You have spent time memorizing the affirmations. What went wrong? Is there nothing you can do to fix this? You can break this habit, but it is just that a habit of negative thinking.

Unless you grew up in a powerfully positive environment, stayed away from other people and spent your whole life thinking positive, chances are negative thought is your habit--your go to state of mind. The good news is, as with all habits this one can be broken as well. It may well just take a long time. The older you are the harder it is to break from this cycle. Most habits can be broken in 21 days, so if you can make it 21 days the habit will be broken. Chances are you will slip and revert, but don't quit. Find a more powerful affirmation and remember your goal.

I know for myself this cycle still happens no matter how hard I work at thinking positive thoughts. My habitual negative thinking is very much apart of my life. I always saw the negative side of things. I have tried several times though-out my life to break this habit, but have always fallen short and end up giving up thinking it's just in my DNA to think that way.

Recently though I have started again to work on my positive thinking. Committing to the task at hand. Realizing that my thoughts are one of the few things I can control. If I can't master my thoughts how can I master my life? It is finally starting to work. I am able to realize what is happening and shift to a more positive and powerful state in most situations. I stay positive for longer periods of time. I'm getting better and will break this habit!

I am not a master of my own thoughts yet, but am getting better at it. Affirmations are key. Affirmations are only good though if they resonate within you for the goal you are trying to achieve. If they are just words that you repeat that have meaning but don't move you to action, they are just empty words. You need an affirmation that moves you to take action and do what you should do.

Another thing to remember is that you do have control and can control your thoughts, just as well as your actions. If your actions can't be controlled than that too is a lack of control of your thoughts. Just realizing that you are in control of your thinking can make a huge impact on how well you progress.

Positive thinking is not a one time action. It is a lifetime of actions. Something that takes time and most importantly work, as it's not easy. The great news is the work will be rewarded in a more peaceful life and a life of rewards if your thoughts are directed in the right way thorough goals and actions.

Lewis Michael is owner of the website http://www.thinkpositivethoughts.net/


Original article

No comments: